Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Wireless - Configuration for iPhone and iPad
This article explains how to manually set up your iPhone or iPad to use the uchicago-secure wireless network.
- From the main iPhone screen tap Settings.
- From the Settings screen, tap Wi-Fi.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi is ON and select uchicago-secure from the "Choose a Network…" section.
- Enter your CNetID in the Username field and your CNet password in the Password field. Leave the Mode set to Automatic. Tap Join.
- You will be asked to verify and accept a security certificate. You can tap More Details if you’d like to examine the certificate. Tap Accept to continue with the certificate.
- Wait about 10-15 seconds while your iPhone acquires an IP address and you will then be connected.
reviewed connection instructions/steps and all are still relevant. No changes required at this point. Extended the expiration for 1 year.