Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Wireless - Manual Configuration for Windows XP
This article explains how to manually set up your Window XP computer to use the uchicago-secure wireless network.
- Right-click on the Wireless icon in the system tray.
- Click on View Available Wireless Networks.
- Click on Change Advanced Settings.
- Click on the Wireless Networks tab.
- In the "Preferred networks" section, click the Add… button.
- On the "Association" tab:
- Enter "uchicago-secure" in the Network name (SSID) field
- Select "WPA2" in the Network Authentication field
- Verify that "AES" displays in the Data encryption field
- Click the Authentication tab.
- Select Protected EAP (PEAP) from the EAP type drop-down menu and uncheck "Authenticate as computer when computer information is available." Then, click the Properties button.
- In the "Protected EAP Properties" window:
- Select Validate server certificate
- Deselect Connect to these servers
- Under "Trusted Root Certification Authorities," select the AddTrust External CA Root checkbox
- In the Select Authentication Method field, select Secured password (EAP-MSCHAP v2)
- In the "Select Authentication Method" section, click the Configure button.
- Uncheck Automatically use my Windows logon name and password, then click the OK button.
- Click the OK button on all open Wireless Properties windows.
- Click the information bubble in the taskbar to input other credentials for the connection.
- Enter your CNetID in the User name field and your CNet password in the Password field. Leave the Logon domain field blank. Click the OK button.
- Click the information bubble in the taskbar to accept the server certificate and process your logon information.
- Click the OK button in the "Validate Server Certificate" window.
- You are now successfully connected to uchicago-secure.