Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Accounts, Identity, & Security
Using the AAMS Tool
This article provides instructions on how to use the AAMS tool to view and change AD attributes.
- To access AAMS (Administrator Account Management System), go to https://cnet.uchicago.edu/ams/servlet/NSITAAMS and enter your CNetID and password.
- Make sure that ADADMIN is selected in the drop-down list at the bottom of the page.
- Click Lookup Account Information.
- Enter the person's CNetID in the CNetID field and click the Submit button.
- Click the person's name to view their account.
- Scroll to the bottom of the page to view the AD Attributes section.
- To change an AD attribute, enter the appropriate value in the field and press the Modify attributes button. The attributes you can change are:
profilePath - the location of the person's roaming profile directory
scriptPath - the location of the person's logon script
homeDirectory - the full path of the new home directory
homeDrive - the drive letter for the person's home drive
- AD and CNet passwords should now be synchronized. However, if you should need to synchronize a person's AD password with their CNetID password, click Synchronize password to AD.