Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Paging
Paging - Spoken Name
This article explains how to record a spoken name for your pager.
When using the Spoken Name option, callers will hear your spoken name, or department name (i.e., on-call pager rather than your pager ID #).
To record your name:
- Dial 195 on campus (773-834-1955 from off campus).
- When you hear "Please dial the page ID #," enter * and your ID # (if you have a password, the systems will ask for it).
- When you hear "Dial the password then press #," enter your password and #.
- The system will now inform you if you have messages or not and announce your Status.
- When you hear "Dial a new Status Code now, star * to retrieve messages, pound # for additional options, or hang up now," enter #.
- When you hear "To change Covering or Referral, dial 1. To hear a list of Status Codes, dial 2. To change your Password, dial 3. To record a spoken name, dial 4. To record a Personal Greeting, dial 5, or to exit Additional Options, dial 0," enter 4 and follow the prompts.
To change or delete your Spoken Name at any time, please follow the same set of instructions and the system will prompt you.