Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Voice
Paging - Covering and Referral
This article explains how to put your pager in Covering or Referral mode.
In Covering mode, calls for one pager are forwarded to another pager. The second pager is now covering for the first pager.
In Referral mode, calls to a pager are referred to a telephone. The caller must hang up and dial the telephone number.
To access Covering & Referral:
- Dial 195 on campus (773-834-1955 from off campus).
- When you hear "Please dial the page ID #," enter * and your ID # (if you have a password, the system will ask for it).
- When you hear "Dial the password then press #," enter your password and #.
- The system will now inform you if you have messages or not and announce your Status.
- When you hear "Dial a new Status Code now, star * to retrieve messages, pound # for additional options, or hang up now," enter #.
- When you hear "To change Covering or Referral, dial 1. To hear a list of Status Codes, dial 2. To change your Password, dial 3. To record a spoken name, dial 4. To record a Personal Greeting, dial 5, or to exit Additional Options dial 0," enter 1 and follow the prompts.