Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Mailing Lists
Mailing Lists - Subscriber Settings
This article explains how to change subscriber settings for email lists via the Mailing List Service including the email format (HTML or plain text), the frequency of deliveries, and the way mailing lists are delivered.
Navigation: To change your subscriber options, select an email list from the left navigation bar, then click Subscriber Options.
Receiving mode - This setting determines how you receive messages that are sent to a list.
- Digest MIME format - Use this mode to receive periodic batched messages in single email, or Digest, in a rich text / HTML format. This Digest compiles a group of messages from the list, based on the frequency set by the list owner.
- Digest plain text format - Use this mode to receive periodic batched messages in single email, or Digest, in a plain text format, with all attachments stripped out. This mode is useful if your email software doesn't display rich text / HTML format messages well.
- Html only - Use this mode to receive all emails in HTML format, regardless of whether they were sent in HTML or plain text format.
- Standard (direct reception) - Use this mode to receive individual emails in the format that they are sent to the list. This is the default mode for receiving emails.
- No mail (useful for vacations) - Use this mode when you don't want to receive any mail from the list.
- You do not receive your own posts - Use this mode when you don't want to receive copies of messages that you send to the list. If this mode is not selected, you will always receive messages that you send to the list.
- Notice mode - You this mode to be informed of every message sent to the list real time, without risk of flooding your inbox. You will receive all the messages with a blank body.
- Summary mode - Use this mode to periodically receive a list of messages. This mode is very similar to the Digest modes, but you will receive only the list of messages with links to the corresponding messages on the list's archive on the Lists website. The list owner sets the frequency of the summaries.
- Text only mode - Use this mode to receive all emails in plain text format, regardless of whether they were sent in HTML or plain text format.
- Urlize mode - Use this mode when you don't want to receive any attachments. The attachments are replaced by a URL leading to the file stored on the Lists website.
- Concealed – Use this option if you want only the list owners to see your information on the subscriber review page. With this option selected, you will not show up for other subscribers. Similarly, if the list owner selects this option, only list co-owners will be able to view your information on the review page.
- Listed in the list review page - Use this option if you want anyone who can access the review page to see your information on the review page.