Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools
Mailing Lists - Create a New Email List
This article explains how to create a new email list using the University of Chicago Mailing List Service.
To create an email list, log into your mailing lists account at http://lists.uchicago.edu and select the Create list link at the top of the page. Fill in the fields on the page:
- Enter the name of your mailing list in the List name field.
- Choose the type of email list you're creating by selecting the appropriate radio button in the List type section.
- Enter a one-line subject for your email list in the Subject field.
- Select a topic from the Topics drop-down list. This field determines how email lists are classified on lists.uchicago.edu.
- Enter a longer description of your email list in the Description field.
Click Submit your creation request at the bottom of the page.
Note: After clicking Submit, you will be able to configure list options and subscribe new member. However, you will not be able to send messages to the email list until the Lists administrators (listmaster) approve the new email list. You will receive an email when your email list is approved.