Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Phones & Internet Connections > Wireless
Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Applications, Operating Systems, & Devices > Devices
Wireless - Manually Configuration for Blackberry
This document explains how to configure your Blackberry to utilize the new 802.1x wireless network.
NOTE: These instructions were performed on a BlackBerry 9900 running BlackBerry OS 7.
- From the home screen, scroll to the top bar and click the pointer button to get to the Manage Connections screen.
- Ensure that Wi-Fi is checked and on.
- Scroll to the Options and Status section and click on Wi-Fi Network.
- Scroll to the bottom and click Other ways to connect.
- Scroll to Manually Connect to a Network and click it.
- Enter uchicago-secure in the Network Name SSID field, then click Next.
- Click the drop-down to scroll to WPA/WPA2 Enterprise and click on it.
- Leave the Security Type and Enterprise Sub-Type at their defaults (as shown below) and enter your CNetID for the Username and your CNet password for the Password.
- Scroll and select AddTrust External CA Root from the CA Certificate drop-down list.
- From the drop-down next to Inner link security, scroll and select EAP-MS-CHAP v2.
- Leave Token, Server subject and Server SAN as-is and ensure that Disable Server Certificate Validation is checked.
- Click Save and Connect.
After a few moments, you should be connected to the Secure Wireless network. If not, please double-check the CNetID and Password you entered, as it can be easy to make an error which will prevent connection. Also, try toggling the Wi-Fi off and then back on to force a reconnection if the first attempt does not succeed.