Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Outlook 2011 for Mac
Outlook 2011 for Mac - Creating Rules
This article explains how to create and edit rules in Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Select a message that you want to create a rule about.
- Click on Rules in the Ribbon. A window similar to the following will appear:
- Click Create Rule.... This opens the rule creation window.
- Create your rule.
- Be sure to name your rule by filling in the Rule Name: field.
- Be as specific as possible to ensure that your rule behaves properly.
- To add a new condition or action, click one of the plus buttons on the right.
- To remove a condition or action, click the minus button directly to its right.
- Click OK when you are done specifying your rule
- To edit your rules, return to the Rules menu and click Edit Rules....