Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Applications, Operating Systems, & Devices
Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 - Unable to Connect to Projector via VGA Adapter
This article explains how to connect to an external display using a VGA adapter when running Mac OS X Mountain Lion.
Some projectors are unable to detect systems running Mac OS X Mountain Lion 10.8 when connecting via VGA Adapter. Try this workaround:
- Power up the projector until it is ready (standby mode).
- Power up Mac OS X.
- Connect the VGA cable from the projector to the adapter.
- Connect the adapter to the Mac.
This sequence should detect the display for the majority of projectors. If not, continue with these steps:
- From the Apple menu, open System Preferences and select Displays.
- Hold down the option key to enable the Detect Displays button.
- Select Detect Displays.