Topics Map > University of Chicago > IT Services > Email & Collaboration Tools > Email & Calendaring > Outlook 2011 for Mac
Outlook 2011 for Mac - Importing Address Book from CSV File
This article explains how to import your address book from a CSV file into Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Start Outlook 2011 for Mac.
- Select File from the menu.
- Choose Import... from the drop-down list.
- In the Import window, select Contacts or messages from a text file, then click the right arrow to continue.
- Leave the File Type at the first option, Import Contacts from a tab- or comma-delimited text file, then click the right arrow to continue.
- Navigate and select the appropriate .csv file, then click Import.
- In the Import Contacts window, map any important unmapped fields from the right column to the equivalent field from the left column by dragging the field to the new position.
- Examples: drag the E-mail Address unmapped field to the Email Address1 mapped field. Drag the Business Phone unmapped field to the Work Phone 1 mapped field.
- Click Don't Save
- Select Finish.
- Review the Contacts that were imported to ensure accuracy.